School Holiday Program - April 2021
Dear Village Therapy families,
Our school holiday programs are a great way to have fun and make friends, while building important skills! The children will work together in a small group facilitated by a Speech Pathologist and an Occupational Therapist to work on developing their skills in playing together, sharing and taking turns, teamwork and being a good sport, fine and gross motor skills, and making friends and having fun! Activities will include games, craft, stories …. [Read more]
We offer a range of assessment and treatment options for families in the Sunbury and Castlemaine areas, tailored to suit your individual needs. Telehealth appointments are also available, where suitable.
Training is offered for educators, families and carers on a range of topics. Experienced and engaging clinicians offer presentations tailored to your needs.
Early childhood whole-room solutions are a popular service. Clinical supervision and mentoring is available for speech pathologists and occupational therapists.
Early Childhood Intervention Services
Our Speech Pathologists and Occupational Therapists offer a family-centred approach to help support the needs of children up to 7 years of age. We work as a team to ensure the needs of the whole child are addressed within the setting of their family and community life.
Services for children, adolescents and adults, assisting with:
- Autism diagnosis
- Speech sound difficulties
- Late talkers
- Difficulties understanding and/or using language
- Social skills (individual, pairs and group therapy)
- Voice difficulties
- Complex communication – AAC
Occupational Therapists help children to improve their ability to do everyday activities.
A child’s everyday activities include:
- Eating and drinking
- Toileting and dressing
- Learning at home, kindergarten and school
- Mastering physical skills such as running, jumping, climbing, drawing, cutting and writing
- Playing and making friends
- Participating in leisure activities and/or community groups.
We work together with children, parents and families to enable your child to be the best they can be.
Music Therapy is a fantastic allied health practice that encompasses elements of Speech Pathology and Occupational Therapy (amongst others). Areas where Music Therapy can be of benefit can include:
- Balance, gait, coordination and motor planning,
- Communication impairments including speech, language or voice disorders and stuttering, and,
- Cognitive impairments including memory, attention and executive function.
Music Therapy, like all Allied Health practices, comes out of the same part of your child’s NDIS plan as Speech Pathology and Occupational Therapy.
We run fun and engaging groups to help build communication, motor, self-care and social skills. These small groups, run by Speech Pathologists and Occupational Therapists, can be very effective for boosting these essential abilities.
To see what groups we are currently running, click here.