We are sorry that you are unhappy with an aspect of our care. We take all complaints seriously, and would like to deal with them directly wherever possible. Here is a list of steps that we recommend clients take if they wish to raise an issue about our performance:
- If you feel comfortable doing so, raise the issue directly with your clinician, or the staff member you have concerns with. We encourage all of our staff to be open to client feedback, whether positive or negative.
- Use the Feedback form on our website.
- Contact our Practice Manager, Michelle to discuss your concerns. Michelle works 3 days a week, so the best way to contact her is via email and she will respond on her next working day. Her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact the business owner, Polly. Her email address is email@example.com. If you send an email with your phone number, Polly will call you to discuss your concerns.
- If the client is an NDIS participant, you may wish to lodge a formal complaint with the NDIS. Their complaints process is outlined here.
- For Speech Pathologists, if you feel that our staff have not acted ethically and would like to make a complaint, then SPA have detailed a process that you can follow. As stated on the SPA website, "If you have a query regarding the Association's Code of Ethics, want to speak with someone regarding an issue related to the Code of Ethics, or you want to lodge a complaint, contact the Association's Senior Advisor, Ethics and Professional Issues. The Senior Advisor, Ethics and Professional Issues will contact you by telephone to explain the complaints process in detail."
For Occupational Therapists, if you have reason to believe that our staff have not acted ethically and would like to make a complaint, then OTAus have detailed a process that you can follow. As stated on the OTAus website, "If you wish to make a complaint against an occupational therapist, you need to do so directly to the Occupational Therapy Board of Australia (OTBA) at the Allied Health Practitioners Registration Authority (AHPRA)."