School Holiday Programs
Would your child benefit from learning to better interact with others?
Our school holiday programs are a great way to have fun and make friends, while building important skills!
The children will work together in a small group facilitated by Speech Pathologists, Occupational Therapists and/or Music Therapists to work on developing their skills in the following areas:
- Playing together, sharing and taking turns,
- Teamwork and being a good sport,
- Fine and gross motor skills, and,
- Making friends and having fun!
Groups will be tailored to the ages of the children taking part. Based on our familiarity with your child and their goals, we'll do our best to include your child in a group where they're most likely to have a good outcome.
Activities will include games, craft, stories and snack time, providing lots of opportunities to practice social, language and occupational skills with support and strategies provided by our therapists in an environment that is similar to your child’s everyday life. And because the focus is FUN, your child will love coming!
Dates and times:
We will run a number of school holiday programs in the school holidays in four age groups. Each group will consist of one session across three days.
Our September program will run in the second week of the school holidays (Monday 26th to Thursday 29th of September)
- Preschool and Preps:
- Bluey at 9am on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
- Grade 1 and Grade 2:
- Grade 3 and older:
- Let's Cook!: at 2pm on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday
Details of each of the programs is available here (as well as some details for other programs we aren't running in these holidays).
60 minute program (Music Therapy) - $375 total
90 minute program (all other programs) - $495 total
All programs run for 3 x days and include individualised written feedback at the end.
The session will go for 90 minutes each day (60 minutes for Music Therapy) across the three days of the program and participation in all 3 days is required. Further details will be sent to you before we ask you for payment for your child’s place.
The program fee is $495 ($375 for Music Therapy) which includes individualised feedback on completion of the program. Private clients are welcome. Please check with your Private Health Fund regarding rebates for group programs. NDIS self-managed and plan managed clients may be able to participate in this program using their NDIS funding. If you are unsure whether you can use your child’s NDIS funds, please consult your LAC. Village Therapy is not able to make decisions about the use of NDIS funds. Medicare rebates do not apply to this program.
Payment is required in full to reserve your place. After you register your child, you’ll receive an email with the details of how to make your payment.
Important information re cancellations:
Groups take a lot of time to plan and organise. We know how valuable they are to families, so we make the commitment to offer groups when we can. However, we can only afford to run them with strict guidelines in place around cancellations and non-attendance. Please read the following information carefully, before paying to register your child. We would love to be able to offer refunds for unexpected illness etc, but to do this results in groups losing money. In order to be able to continue offering groups, we need to apply the following attendance policy.
- Reimbursements are not available if your child does not attend a session. As social interaction is a focus of the program, we rely on all children attending each session. Please only sign up if you are available for every session.
- If your child is sick on the day, you will be provided with information to enable you to complete a range of activities at home, targeting some of the goals of the group. Refunds are not available.
- If your availability changes after you have committed to the group, please let us know at least one week in advance of the first session. No refunds will be given after this time unless another child can be allocated to the space. If another child can fill the space, your fee will be refunded, minus a $40 administration fee.
- Sometimes children are not able to participate appropriately in the group, despite their best efforts. Should this happen, we may be better able to support your family by discontinuing your child’s participation in the group program and spending some time working with you to give you some suggestions on how to target particular areas at home.
Ready to register your interest?
- Click here to express an interest for your child to do this program. If we can offer your child a place in the program, we’ll ask for payment to confirm their place.