School Holiday Program
Would your child benefit from learning to better interact with others?
Our school holiday programs are a great way to have fun and make friends, while building important skills!
The children will work together in a small group facilitated by a Speech Pathologist and an Occupational Therapist to work on developing their skills in the following areas:
- Playing together, sharing and taking turns
- Teamwork and being a good sport
- Fine and gross motor skills
- Making friends and having fun!
Activities will include games, craft, stories and snack time, providing lots of opportunities to practice social, language and occupational skills with support and strategies provided by our therapists in an environment that is similar to your child’s everyday life. And because the focus is FUN, your child will love coming!
When: 13th, 14th, 15th April (second week of school holidays) 9am or 11am 90 mins per session
>>> New session added 13th, 14th, 15th April (second week of school holidays) at 2pm <<<
Who: Children aged 5-8 years (For the 2pm session, the ages are 6 to 8)
Cost: $450, including individual written feedback
Subject to numbers, your child’s group may occur at 9:00 or 11:00am. The session will go for 1.5 hours each day across the three days of the program and participation in all 3 days is required. Parents will be required to drop off and pick up their children. Due to current health regulations we need to limit numbers in the space, so parents will not be able to stay in the room during sessions. Unfortunately, our waiting room is also currently closed due to COVID-19 restrictions, so we ask that you wait outside until you are let in by one of our team members. Please bring a small snack for your child. Due to potential allergies we ask that no nut products are included.
The program fee is $450, which includes individualised written feedback on completion of the program. Private clients are welcome. Please check with your Private Health Fund regarding rebates for group programs. NDIS self-managed and plan managed clients may be able to participate in this program using their NDIS funding. If you are unsure whether you can use your child’s NDIS funds, please consult your LAC. Village Therapy is not able to make decisions about the use of NDIS funds. Medicare rebates do not apply to this program.
Payment is required in full to reserve your place. After you complete this form registering your child, you’ll receive an email with the details of how to make your payment.
Important information re cancellations:
Groups take a lot of time to plan and organise. We know how valuable they are to families, so we make the commitment to offer groups when we can. However, we can only afford to run them with strict guidelines in place around cancellations and non-attendance. Please read the following information carefully, before paying to register your child. We would love to be able to offer refunds for unexpected illness etc, but to do this results in groups losing money. In order to be able to continue offering groups, we need to apply the following attendance policy.
- Reimbursements are not available if your child does not attend a session. As social interaction is a focus of the program, we rely on all children attending each session. Please only sign up if you are available for every session.
- If your child is sick on the day, you will be provided with information to enable you to complete a range of activities at home, targeting some of the goals of the group. Refunds are not available.
- If your availability changes after you have committed to the group, please let us know at least one week in advance of the first session. No refunds will be given after this time unless another child can be allocated to the space. If another child can fill the space, your fee will be refunded, minus a $40 administration fee.
- Sometimes children are not able to participate appropriately in the group, despite their best efforts. Should this happen, we may be better able to support your family by discontinuing your child’s participation in the group program and spending some time working with you to give you some suggestions on how to target particular areas at home.
Ready to make a booking?
Click here to register your child or contact the clinic on 9811 7026 if you have any queries.